Fort Worth, TX

Arlington & Fort Worth, TX Insurance

Buying a home in Fort Worth or Arlington? Need hazard & flood insurance? Want a better value for your auto insurance? Have questions about your condo or renters insurance?

You’ve come to the right place. When it comes to insuring your home, condo, car, or belongings, we’ve got you covered! Simply choose from the selection below to learn more and get a free quote.

With a population of 1,809,034 (according to the 2010 census), Tarrant is Texas’ 3rd most populous county and the 16th most populous in the United States. The city of Fort Worth is Texas’ 5th largest city and the 15th largest city in the United States. Arlington ranks #7 among the most populous cities in TX. With so many citizens living closely together in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington Metroplex, there is serious potential for:

  • Auto collisions

  • Vandalism of private property

  • Leaks from one apartment affecting adjacent apartments

  • Fires from one condo affecting surrounding condos

  • Flooding causing mold and widespread damage


Residents within the city boundaries of Fort Worth reside in the following zip codes: 76008, 76028, 76036, 76040, 76052, 76053, 76102-76112, 76114-76120, 76123, 76127, 76131-76135, 76137, 76140, 76155, 76164, 76177, 76179, 76244, 76247, & 76262.

Residents within the city boundaries of Arlington reside in the following zip codes: 76001, 76002, 76006, 76010-76018, 76060, & 76063.


So If you’re searching for an insurance agency serving MetroPlex that you can trust, you’ve landed on the right page.

Even though we’ve grown over the years, we’ve never lost that “treat our customers like family” mentality.

At Regency Insurance Group, we believe that there’s very little traffic in the extra mile which is why we’re very willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to help you protect your assets.

Fort Worth/Arlington Home Insurance (HO3)

Home of the Dallas Cowboys

Homeowner’s / Hazard Insurance 

If you’re purchasing a home for the first time in Cowtown, CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to a whole new world of excitement and uncertainty. There is a lot to learn! For example, did your lender or mortgage broker tell you that you need to get wind & hazard insurance? If so, all (s)he means is that you need homeowner’s insurance. 

Why do you need home insurance? If you’re a cash buyer or if you don’t have a mortgage on your home, technically you don’t. But if you have a mortgage and/or you are financing a home, then your lender requires that you have it because they have an interest in your home as much as you do.

The purpose of having a hazard insurance policy is to protect yours and your lender’s assets in case of a lawsuit that arises from a “hazard” that occurred on your property, theft, damage, or complete destruction. 

Examples of hazards: 

  • A flu pandemic.

  • Improper disposal of hazardous materials or waste.

  • An uninsured contractor injures himself on your property.

  • Your kid’s friend falls and breaks her arm on your patio.

  • An oil pipeline bursts, poisoning your drinking water.

Global Life Park. Home of Texas Rangers. Arlington, TX

Causes of damage or complete destruction: 

  • Flooding

  • Wildfire

  • Hailstorms

  • Vandalism

  • Tornados

Hurricane Insurance

This is also called wind and hail insurance. Hurricane insurance basically covers the same things that your homeowner’s / hazard policy covers above.

How much does home insurance cost in Tarrant County?

The cost for home insurance depends on the following 10 risk factors:

  1. Claims. The more claims you file, the more your insurer raises your rates. If you have a lot of claims, you probably won’t qualify with many carriers because they’ll consider your policy too “high-risk.”

  2. Lack of maintenance. People who don’t maintain their homes tend to file more claims due to damage from a leaky roof, for example. See factor #1.

  3. Aggressive dogs. 

  4. Location. Expect to pay more for living close to a river or lake. The closer you are to a body of water, the more intense the winds are, which drives up the cost of your premium.

  5. Trampolines. It’s not a matter IF your child gets injured. It’s a matter of WHEN.

  6. Pools. Fences and screen enclosures add value to a pool but also have a high risk of being damaged in a storm.

  7. Low insurance score. Less favorable credit usually (not always) causes a premium increase.

  8. Exterior construction type. Owners of frame homes pay more than concrete block homeowners do.

  9. Fire. The further away you live from a fire hall or hydrant, the more you’ll pay.

  10. Weather prep. The more prepared your home is to withstand high winds, the better. 

Now that you know the factors that drive the cost of hazard insurance in the Arlington/Fort Worth area, you’re probably wondering:

How can I get the best value on my home insurance policy?

That’s the question on everyone’s mind. You want the best value for your premium and you want to be sure that your insurance carrier will help you when you need it most. We work with some of the top insurance carriers with some of the best ratings to give you peace of mind.

We have lots of great partners. However when it comes to insuring homes in Tarrant County, we have found the following five companies provide very competitive rates, to ensure you get a great deal.


Fort Worth, TX Home Insurance Discounts

The Texas Department of Insurance recommends asking for discounts when shopping for homeowners insurance. If you can reduce the chances of loss, insurance companies like ours may reward you with money saving discounts to your premium. The following is a list of ways to qualify for a discount:

  • Being over 65 years old and

  • Being claim free for three or more consecutive years.

  • Having a home security system with alarm.

  • Having fire extinguishers, a fire alarm, or a sprinkler system.

  • Having a newer home or a home in good condition.

  • Having other policies (such as auto & flood) with the same insurance group.

Arlington/Fort Worth Liability Insurance

Most standard home insurance policies come with liability. Liability protection on a home insurance plan extends to cover the named insureds and resident relatives in the event they were to be found negligent. But some people want coverage for liability only on their house. At Regency, we have the option to write “liability only” policies for homeowners. This is one of the ways in which we’re set apart from our competitors because the majority of them won’t offer this type of insurance.

In addition, if you’re a handyman, farmer, electrician, or landscape guy, we can write general liability coverage and cover those business exposures, too.

Pet Insurance Liability

Regency Insurance Group completely understands the value of having a dog protect your home, especially if you’ve ever been a victim of theft or a violent crime. We also understand that “Wolfie” may be the sweetest doggie on the planet. And we respect the fact that your dog is probably like a family member. 

But as you may know by now, getting home insurance in MetroPlex while owning a dog that’s considered an “aggressive breed” is tough. The reason why is because most insurers believe that legal and medical bills arising from the bite of a dog is too much of a risk to insure your home. They consider the following breeds to be dangerous or “bully breeds.”

  • Akitas

  • Chows

  • Pit Bulls

  • Rottweilers

  • Great Danes

  • Wolf-hybrids

  • Presa Canarios

  • Siberian Huskies

  • German Shepherds

  • Alaskan Malamutes

  • Staffordshire Terriers

  • Doberman Pinschers

  • Or a mix of any of the above

When others tell you “Sorry we can’t insure you. Your dog is too dangerous”, request a quote from us. One of the benefits of working with Regency Insurance Group is that we can still get your home insured even with multiple dogs considered to be aggressive. 

New Construction Insurance

Pricing on newly constructed homes is going to be significantly less expensive than a home built in 2001. Insurance companies are so motivated to earn the business of new construction that they give discounts for it being brand new. Many national builders have an “accredited builders discount”. They have the latest and greatest Texas building code credits. Some insurers actually give a discount if the original year of construction is less than 3 years old. New homes typically are very well maintained and have less claims.

First Time Home Owners Insurance

Hey there nooby! Welcome to the wonderful world of homeownership! We’ve been where you are now and we know how daunting it can be to absorb all the information that’s being tossed at you. Keep a stiff upper lip! You’ll get through this and we’re happy to help. So here’s what you need to know in terms of insuring your home in Arlington.

1. If you’re buying a home, it’s important to consider what your insurance costs are going to be. You can always get a quick quote on the property to get some preliminary numbers and whether or not you’ll need flood insurance. Don’t worry, we won’t charge you! 🙂

2. A home inspection can be your best friend for saving money on home insurance. The condition of your home’s roof, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems are the biggest driving factors toward the cost of your premium. That’s what insurance companies look at the most. So if those systems are new and in good shape, you’re sitting pretty. Be aware that if the home you’re purchasing is over 30 years old, insurance companies will want to ensure it can pass a 4 point inspection.

3. Rebuild value and Purchase Price are very different. If you’re buying a home with a lot of square footage, be prepared to insure for at least $110 per square foot. If you’re buying a 3,600 square foot home for $200,000, your insurance value is going to be a lot higher than what your purchase price is going to be.

“Force Placed” or Lender Placed Home Insurance

WARNING: Avoid force placed lender insurance (aka lender placed home insurance) like the plague. Trust us, you don’t want it!

When you finance a home in Arlington, you have to sign a lot of disclosures and agreements. One of those agreements authorizes your lender to “force place” flood and home insurance on your property if at any time your policy lapses for non payment or gets cancelled. In this event, your lender is notified and they have the ability to purchase on your behalf at whatever rate they want, with no discounts. In essence, it’s a “no frills” kind of coverage. Typically the cost on those policies are 2 to 3 times higher than what you can find on your own.

The lender will only cover what you owe on the home. So if you have a $200,000 home and you owe $20,000 they usually only cover the interest on the loan. They don’t cover water damage, theft or vandalism. It’s the most basic fire & hurricane policy that you can buy & it’s expensive.

If you forget, your bank will purchase one for you and it’s not pretty! In fact we saw one case in which a man accidentally let his insurance policy lapse. He also didn’t realize that his lender force placed a $15,000 policy on his home. Even though he secured his own insurance 45 days later, they charged him $41 per day from the date his previous policy ended, to the date he secured a new policy. The lender added the $1,845.00 onto his mortgage and forced him to pay it.

Moral of the story: Don’t forget to pay for your homeowner’s insurance. If you have forced placed home insurance, call us now at (214) 347-9906!

Arlington Landlord Insurance

Thinking about leasing your property? Just like any home or condo, you’ll want to protect it from mayhem. There is a difference between standard homeowner’s policies (HO3) and a landlord policy. A lot of standard home insurance policies don’t allow tenant exposure. So if you have a standard home insurance policy and you’re leasing your property to others, that could be a big problem in the event you need to file a claim. Instead, what you should have is either a DP1 or DP3 policy.

  • DP1 insurance policy – A basic policy available for rental properties in the Arlington area, often referred to as Dwelling Fire Form 1, or DP-1 insurance. It provides very basic insurance coverage for your rental property. 

  • DP3 insurance policy – Considered the best insurance policy for rentals and is often referred to as the Dwelling Fire Form 3 or DP-3 insurance. It provides excellent coverage for Landlords.

Fort Worth/Arlington, TX

Renters Insurance

Why should I purchase Renters Insurance?

Well, if you don’t rent a property from someone else…GOOD NEWS…you don’t need it. But if you are a tenant and you’re still wondering why you might need renters insurance, ask yourself these questions:

  1. Do any of my possessions hold a significant dollar value?

  2. If any of my possessions are lost, damaged, or stolen, would I like to be compensated for their lost value?

If you answered yes to one or both, renters insurance makes sense. It’s a great way to protect your furniture, high ticket items like your 80 inch LED TV, gaming system, and other personal items of value in the event of a hurricane, fire, or theft. However, it’s important to note that renters insurance will not protect you in the case of a flood. For that, you’ll need a separate flood insurance policy.

Most landlords and rental agencies in Fort Crunk allow you the choice of purchasing renters insurance or not. But many are now starting to require tenants to have liability coverage and content coverage. This helps to protect the landlord in the event of litigation. 

Arlington/Fort Worth Condo Insurance (HO6)

What’s covered under the condo’s master insurance policy?

If you’re looking into buying condo insurance (also known as HO6) in Panther City, the first thing you should do is understand the condo’s master policy, what’s covered and what’s not. Typically, condo owners are responsible for the interior while the association is responsible for the exterior.

BankRate has a helpful article that points out two types of master policies.

  1. Bare walls-in – Covers all real property from the exterior framing inward, but does not cover the fixtures and installations within the condo unit. So, things like granite countertops, bathroom and kitchen fixtures, and the flooring are not covered by the master policy. This condo owner will probably have the greatest coverage need.

  2. All-in. Covers fixtures, installations or additions within the interior surfaces of the perimeter walls, floors and ceilings of individual units. This condo owner will probably have a more limited coverage need.

The article also suggests that when insuring your condo, make sure you have coverage for contents and structural items. Not sure which is which? Imagine turning your condo upside down. Everything that falls is “content.” Everything that stays is “interior structure.

Examples of content:

  • Clothing

  • Furniture

  • Electronics

  • Appliances

  • Household items

Examples of structure:

  • Lighting

  • Flooring

  • Carpeting

  • Cabinetry

  • Countertops

Frequently asked questions

If I have an unattached storage unit, does my condo policy cover it too?

Yes, partially. It works the same way as a homeowners insurance policy works. Since your belongings aren’t in your condo, an insurance company considers your belongings “offsite.” When you store personal property offsite, your insurance company will insure 10% of its value.

If my condo is located in a special hazard flood zone, do I need flood insurance too?

It depends. If you own your condo free and clear (and have no other liens), the answer is no. But if you have a mortgage, the answer is yes. It doesn’t matter whether your condo is on the ground floor or the 20th floor…your lender is going to require that a flood insurance policy is in place. Of course the risk level decreases the higher up your condo is located. Here’s some good news: typically the condo association purchases a flood policy so you wouldn’t need to have the extra policy. If for some reason the association does not have a flood policy (which is highly unlikely) and you have a mortgage, your lender is going to require you to purchase a flood policy to protect their interest in your condo. Are there occasions when you should purchase it? Sure. There is always a chance that mold can climb up through exterior walls especially when the power has gone out and flood waters are high, damaging your condo. Also, if you’re the “cautious type” and want an added layer of protection over your assets, purchasing a flood policy is a good idea.

What if my neighbor’s pipe breaks and floods into my condo? Will my assets be protected?

In condo living situations, this happens frequently. The answer is yes, if you have your own condo insurance. Insurance companies typically treat this situation as follows: It doesn’t really matter who’s pipe it is, your insurance pays for damage to your place, and his/her insurance pays for damage to his/her place. If you or your neighbor do not have your own condo policies, the situation will probably go to litigation, depending on the depth of damage. ​ A flood insurance policy will not cover damages from a pipe that burst. Flood insurance covers damages from heavy rains, when rivers overflow, when ocean waves come onshore, when snow melts too fast, or when dams and levees break.

Like homeowner’s insurance, condo insurance companies offer discounts that you can take advantage of, most notably for gated communities, manned security guards, and newer construction in Tarrant County.

Condo master policies can be difficult to understand so choose a knowledgeable insurance agent who can clearly explain it to you.

Flood Insurance in Fort Worth/Arlington, TX

What is a flood?

According to (the official site of the National Flood Insurance Program), a flood is a general and temporary condition where 2 or more acres of normally dry land or two or more properties are inundated by water or mudflow. Your flood risk isn’t just based on history: it’s based on many factors that include current weather patterns, natural changes in the environment, and recent development in your community.

By now you’ve probably gathered that insurance for homeownersrenters, and condo-owners will not reimburse you for your losses in the event of a flood. A separate policy specifically for floods is needed.

Why do I need Flood Insurance?

Technically, you don’t have to purchase flood insurance if you own a home “free an clear.” You also don’t have to purchase flood insurance if you rent. However, there are times when other entities require that you purchase flood insurance as part of an agreement with them. For example:

  • If you’re financing a home or currently have a mortgage and your home or condo is located in zones VE, AE, and A, your lender will mandate that you purchase flood insurance because they have an interest in your home, since they’re lending you money to eventually own it.

  • Some condo associations in Queen City of the Prairie located in flood zones VE, AE and A may mandate that you purchase flood insurance as a prerequisite to live there.

  • While many landlords are requiring their tenants to purchase renters insurance, some landlords in flood zones VE, AE, and A take it a step further and require tenants to purchase flood insurance.

Even if your home, condo, or rental is located in Zone X (an area less likely to be flooded than zones VE, AE, and A, still you should strongly consider purchasing flood insurance. Here’s why:

Facts about Floods and Associated Risks

  • In the past 5 years, all 50 states have experienced floods or flash floods.

  • Everyone lives in a flood zone.

  • Homeowners’ insurance does not cover flood damage.

  • If you live in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) or high-risk area and have a federally backed mortgage, your mortgage lender requires you to have flood insurance.

  • Just a few inches of water from a flood can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage.

  • Flash floods often bring walls of water 10 to 15 feet high.

  • A car can easily be carried away by just two feet of rushing water.

  • In a high-risk area, your home is more likely to be damaged by flood than by fire.

Facts about Flood Insurance Policies & Claims

FEMA Flood Facts
  • Even though flood insurance isn’t federally required, anyone can be financially vulnerable to floods. In fact, people outside of mapped high-risk flood areas file over 20-percent of all National Flood Insurance Program flood insurance claims and receive one-third of Federal Disaster Assistance for flooding.

  • From 2005 to 2014, total flood insurance claims averaged more than $3.5 billion per year.

  • When the cities of Fort Worth and Arlington participate in the Community Rating System (CRS), you can qualify for an insurance premium reduction discount of up to 45% if you live in a high-risk area and up to 10% in moderate- to low-risk areas.

  • Since 1978, The NFIP has paid nearly $50 billion for flood insurance claims and related costs (as of 2/17/15).

  • There are currently more than 5.3 million flood policies in force across more than 22,000 communities in the U.S.

  • The two most common reimbursement methods for flood claims are: Replacement Cost Value (RCV) and Actual Cash Value (ACV). The RCV is the cost to replace damaged property. It is reimbursable to owners of single-family, primary residences insured to at least 80% of the building’s replacement cost.

  • Federal disaster assistance is usually a loan that must be paid back with interest. For a $50,000 loan at 4% interest, your monthly payment would be around $240 a month ($2,880 a year) for 30 years. Compare that to a $100,000 flood insurance premium, which is about $400 a year ($33 a month).

  • A Preferred Risk Policy provides both building and contents coverage for properties in moderate- to low-risk areas for one low-price.

  • In most cases, it takes 30 days after purchase for a policy to take effect, so it’s important to buy insurance before the storm approaches and the floodwaters start to rise.

Floods from tropical storms, hurricanes, and torrential downpours can be a threat throughout Tarrant County as a significant portion is in Flood Zone X. As mentioned on

Downtown Fort Worth is situated near the confluence of the two largest rivers in the area – the Clear Fork Trinity River and the West Fork Trinity River. Other major streams in Fort Worth include Mary’s Creek, Marine Creek, Sycamore Creek, Village Creek, Dry Branch Creek, Little Fossil Creek, Big Fossil Creek, and White’s Branch.

Flooding in Fort Worth is typically produced by heavy rainfall from frontal type storms that occur during the spring and fall months. Flash floods are the most common type of flooding in Fort Worth.

With so much water flowing through the local flood plains and rivers, flood insurance makes good sense.

Private Market Flood Insurance – An Alternative to FEMA Flood Insurance

If you’re finding that your FEMA flood insurance policy doesn’t provide you with enough value, then ask for private market flood insurance (PMFI). PMFI is a simple alternative to FEMA flood insurance. Up until 2015, no one was really offering PMFI except on high value homes. But today, FEMA has some competition which is great if you’re stuck paying 5 or 6 thousand dollars for a FEMA flood policy. Sometimes PMFI companies can quote a premium that’s significantly less and save the day. Here are some of the benefits of private market flood insurance:

  • Lower premiums for most older homes and businesses

  • No surcharges for seasonal homes

  • Identical coverage as FEMA policies

  • Same claims adjusters as FEMA policies

  • Quote your own premium instantly

  • Same day policies available

  • No elevation certificates required

Wait…what’s an elevation certificate? We’re glad you asked!

Fort Worth/Arlington, TX Elevation Certificate Info

Structures built in a Special Flood Hazard Area – including A, AE, and AH zones – or a Coastal High Hazard Area – including VE zones – must have a FEMA Elevation Certificate to prove that the structure meets the required Base Flood Elevation. A FEMA Elevation Certificate is required during construction before the first permanent horizontal member is placed. A final construction Elevation Certificate is also required. The Elevation Certificate is also required for new flood insurance policies from the National Flood Insurance Program. Elevation Certificates can be prepared by local, licensed surveyors.

Many homes in Tarrant County, especially in the numerous historic districts, (Central Handley, Kenwood Court, Carver Heights, South Center Street, Old Town, etc.) were built prior to the FEMA map creation date, so you may be eligible for a “grandfathered” rate. Across the state of Texas, 1978 is typically when FEMA began creating their flood maps. Check to see when your map was created or contact us. We may be able to help.

Auto Insurance – Fort Worth, TX

5 Ways to Get a Better Car Insurance Rate in Fort Worth

Traffic jam in Fort Worth, TX

Probably the second-most common type of insurance we quote for residents of Where the West Begins is auto insurance, home insurance being the first. But it’s not just for residents.

Business owners can also count on us for a competitive commercial auto insurance quote. Either way, EVERYONE wants to know how they can save on auto insurance.

One thing you should know first and foremost is that the “call, click, and save” era of car insurance may be hurting you in the long run. Shopping online and naming your own price could get you a low rate but eventually it may hurt you if you drop your coverage levels. 


1. Keep coverage at appropriate levels. Insurance companies will start to see you as someone that does not value a product if you keep very low coverage levels, so over time keeping coverage levels higher will net you better discounts.

2. Don’t jump ship between carriers. Staying with the same company for at least one or two years is favorable to your rate.

3. Pay premiums off in full.

4. Use auto pay or an electronic draft if you make monthly payments.

5. Do not make frivolous claims. If the damage is on $700 and your deductible is $500 it’s probably not a good idea to call in that claim.